Monday, October 24, 2011

A Baking Adventure

After sifting through the many piles of cook books at the chaotic Borders store closing sale, I found the latest addition to my cookbook collection: Baked Explorations by Matt Lewis and Renato Poliafito.  I couldn’t wait to try the recipes that were beautifully laid out in the book.  Sadly, the book sat on my bakers rack for a few months before I had the time to make my first treat from the book for a house warming party. I chose the caramel apple cake.  Since I work full time and needed the cake ready by Saturday afternoon, I split the prep in 3 days.  It was a project!  But the result was well worth the effort: a moist, spicy cake with an addictive light buttery caramel frosting.  I was resolved to try more baking projects from Baked Explorations and to see how other’s had fared with their caramel apple cake.  I randomly came across a Blog for those baking from the same book and sharing their experiences called Club: BAKED.  Perfect!  I hope to bake along with them on their schedule and create some magnificent goodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment