Sunday, October 30, 2011

Pumpkin Cheddar Muffins

Even though it snowed in parts of Virginia on the last weekend of October, I was determined to keep the fall around with an autumn themed meal.  I decided to try the Pumpkin Cheddar Muffin recipe from my Baked cookbook.  I just love pumpkin :)  I made a butternut squash-pear bisque to go with the muffins for lunch.  The muffins turned out great- I love the bite the pepper gives the muffins.  They're not you're average fall flavored pumpkin flavored item- not sweet with the typical cinnamon and nutmeg paring. It's a fabulously savory muffin. I agree with the book's statement that they taste best warmed.  Don't get me wrong- they taste fine at room temperature, but when warmed, the gooey cheese and peppery flavors come together beautifully.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment