Thursday, November 10, 2011

New York Style Crumb Cake

I'm catching up with some of the recipes Club:Baked completed before I joined.  The first recipe was a New York style crumb cake- perfect for a crisp fall morning to go along with a cup of coffee.  The recipe was pretty easy and has the perfect crumb to cake ratio.  I used low fat sour cream instead of regular, which I think may have changed the taste of the cake slightly.  I expected the cake to have a slight sour taste (in a good way!) due to the sour cream, but couldn't really pick up on the taste.  Next time I think I'll use the regular sour cream to see if I get a different result.  The cake was still  delicious.  While the cookbook says the cake will stay for 3 days, mine got 4 days of use.  The crumbs softened a bit by day 4, but I think they still tasted fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment