Monday, November 28, 2011

Almond Joy Tart

 I decided to bring this week's Club:Baked recipe along on our Thanksgiving trip to visit the family in PA.  While the recipe is for 6 almond joy tarts, I decided to make a 9 inch tart since I didn't own the mini tart pans and I thought it would be easier to transport. I finished the tart the night before we left (making the dough and ganache the night before) and covered it tightly for the 4 hour trip .  Luckily the tart transported nicely, save for the chocolate topping being brushed in a few places by the foil.  My mom was thrilled the tart made the trip, because it was delicious! 

I didn't alter the recipe much to adjust from 6 tarts to one large one.  I don't remember how long I let the crust bake, but I believe it was 5 or 10 minutes longer than the recipe called for with the mini tarts.  Otherwise, I think the recipe easily adjusts to one 9 inch tart.  I would recommend adding a thicker chocolate layer (maybe making one and a half or even doubling the layer).  I love chocolate, so that's just my preference.  The coconut/white chocolate ganache layer was amazing!  It tastes just like the almond joy filling.  I even loved the white chocolate ganache before adding the coconut. 

Great recipe for anyone who loves almond joys :)

Check out the other Almond Joy Tarts from my fellow bakers at Club:Baked: http://club-baked.blogspot.com/2011/12/bakers-links-to-almond-joy-tart.html#comment-form

4 comments:

  1. Your tart came out beautiful! I had trouble getting mine smooth on top. But it was SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- very pretty! It looks awesome! You were right about transporting. I took some of the smaller ones to work and played at finding something to set them all without them being on top of one another.Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like your idea of making one big tart, it looks really good. thanks for baking along

    ReplyDelete