Sunday, November 13, 2011

Buckeyes

We're having an early Thanksgiving potluck at work on Tuesday which works perfectly with this week's Club:Baked recipe: Buckeye candies.  They're an easy crowd pleaser and the recipe makes a lot of candies.  Even better, I don't have to worry about bringing a serving spoon (which I usually forget!).  This recipe is quick to put together, but the dipping took me awhile.  It took about 5 candies for me to figure out the right way to dip and roll the candies in the chocolate to get a clean, pretty peanut butter circle. I don't think any of mine came out as pretty as the picture in the book, but my husband took a positive position: "atleast they'll know they're homemade!"  My husand thought they'd be better with milk chocolate (he's not a fan of dark chocolate).  He also tried to suggest using white chocolate (his favorite)- maybe one day we'll experiment.  While I don't have any great suggestions for getting the perfect "buckeye" look for the candy, I messed up a few and decided to cover the entire ball with chocolate, which I found to have a better ratio of chocolate to peanut butter.  So if you get frustrated with rolling the perfect buckeye, go ahead an roll the enitre ball.  They are just as yummy :)  I hope everyone else at Club:Baked enjoyed their Buckeyes!


7 comments:

  1. They look great. Mine were a lil messy too but i only made 6! Thanks for baking along with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a great job and what a pretty dish! Your tray looks clean- looks nothing like mine (total mess).

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look wonderful! They will be perfect for your potluck. I think the idea of white chocolate sounds intriguing! But I used milk chocolate, as I am not a dark chocolate fan.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look fantastic! I bet the white chocolate would be delicious! I'll have to keep that in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used milk chocolate too! Yours looks great! I took the easy way and dipped mine completely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think milk chocolate would be great too! I coated the whole thing. I like your assessment that coating the whole thing is a better chocolate to peanut butter ratio. Nice job on your candies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Milk chocolate is a great idea. It would be fun to make milk, dark, and white chocolate candies. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete